UPDATE: We have completed enrollment and SMILE for nearsightedness (myopia) is now FDA approved and available at Slade & Baker Vision!
Carl Zeiss Meditec and Slade & Baker Vision Center are now conducting a research study on a new laser procedure, SMILE, designed to correct nearsightedness and astigmatism. If you’re not sure if you’re nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism, give us a call. We are always happy to help you figure it out!
If you quality for the study, the surgery, pre and post operative care would be provided at no cost to you.
SMILE is an alternative to LASIK and designed to accomplish the same visual result as the LASIK procedure. SMILE was finally approved in the US in 2016 after it had been approved in the rest of the world for years!
You may qualify for this study if:
- You have nearsightedness with astigmatism
- You are at least 22 years of age
- You have had no previous eye surgery, significant trauma or infections in either of your eyes.
- You have a pair of glasses that are at least 1 year old
- You are in good general health
- You are willing to take your contact lenses out several weeks before surgery.
If you qualify for this study, one eye will be done with SMILE and the other eye will be done with LASIK, all at no charge.