EVO ICL: Implantable Contact Lens
The EVO ICL is an implantable contact lens which corrects vision without removing any corneal tissue. It is a particularly good solution for people with thin corneas, dry eyes, or a high prescription. Slade & Baker Vision has one of the longest experiences with ICL’s as Dr. Stephen Slade was the medical director for the first FDA approval, presented the data to the FDA which ultimately led the team to FDA approval and taught the courses for other surgeons. As the practice with the most experienced surgeons in the nation, you can rest assured that you would be in great hands at Slade & Baker Vision for all refractive options.
During EVO ICL surgery, the surgeon inserts a micro-thin lens in front of the eye’s natural lens. Because the ICL is placed between the iris and the natural lens, it is removable in the future.
Ideal EVO ICL Candidates
- People who are 21 and older with a history of stable vision
- People who have moderate to high nearsightedness with or without astigmatism
- People with dry eyes, thin corneas or corneal dystrophies can all do just as well as people with “normal” eyes. The EVO ICL is a very safe surgery and does not alter the corneal thickness.
Key Benefits of the EVO ICL
- Excellent Night Vision
- Great option for those who already have Dry Eye
- Protection from UV Rays
- No Removal of Corneal Tissue
- The collamer material of the lens works in harmony with the eye’s optics to focus the image
The doctors at Slade and Baker Vision have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.