Light Adjustable Lens: Cataract Surgery with Two Eyes at Once
- Posted on: Nov 13 2023
Last week at the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Dr. Stephen Slade presented a lecture on the new RXSight Light Adjustable Lens (LAL).
Dr. Slade has been involved with the LAL from the initial clinical trial phases and the first surgery in the US, so being able to share about his unique perspective on their unique technology at the nation’s largest ophthalmology meeting was the perfect equation.
It was extremely well attended, and Dr. Slade got to share some pearls about how we are using the new LAL+ in our own clinic in Houston, the patient experiences, results, and all of the benefits.
A couple key points Dr. Slade shared:
- LAL+ gives amazing reading vision, better than almost every other option.
- We are now doing bilateral cases, i.e. patients have cataract surgery with the Light Adjustable Lens at the same time, instead of having to wait weeks between eyes.
- In both Europe and Canada, bilateral cases are the norm, so we have adapted that, and our patients are ecstatic.
- Patients are able to save visits, time, etc. so they love LAL as an option!
- The LAL+ gives better reading in one single eye, so there is no need for so much monovision.
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with a cataract and want to hear more about the Light Adjustable Lens as an option, please call us at 713-626-5544 or send us a message email@example.com today and get scheduled for an evaluation with our specialists at Slade & Baker Vision!
Posted in: light adjustable lens