Surgery at Slade & Baker Vision: In a Patient’s Words
- Posted on: May 26 2021
In a recent blog we shared where Slade & Baker Vision patients interested in cataract or lens replacement surgery go to make their dreams come true: Summit Surgery Center in Houston, Texas.
We shared that the majority of other surgery centers provide surgeons from different specialties with space to operate, but Summit Surgery Center is private, highly specialized, and dedicated solely to eye surgery.
Our surgeons, Dr. Stephen Slade and Dr. Bennett Walton, are the only surgeons who use the space, and everything is controlled for only our patients and our dedicated, and trained staff which is involved in the same surgery all of the time. The Slade & Baker Vision management team has equipped Summit with the latest, state of the art equipment to use in all of our patients’ procedures.
In a previous post we shared a long list of patient experiences.
We have received another incredible batch of patient surveys and since our patients always tell us that nothing speaks more to them than hearing from an actual past patient when they are debating eye surgery, we wanted to share some commentary and testimonials from a patient perspective, directly from our patients in their own words:
- The nurses, staff and all doctors were excellent – I was well informed and completely comfortable having the procedure performed there. Happy with everything.
- Thank you! Excellent staff! Kind, compassionate, well-trained; work as a team; very professional; interested in patient
- Great experience. All staff efficient and professional. Dr. Walton is superb in all bedside manner & extremely knowledgeable.
- Excellent experience. The staff thoroughly explained pre-op and post-op. I love my new vision.
- Walton was fantastic. He was so nice and truly cared about the surgery. All the nurses were so nice. A+ service from everyone in the office.
- I was a bit nervous at first because it is my eyes. All of the doctors and nurses were so reassuring. I was completely at ease. Highly recommended this practice
- Excellent surgery prep. The head nurse was knowledgeable and represented the surgery center outstandingly. Dr. Performing was highly qualified an represented superbly, Very happy.
- Excellent surgeon. Excellent staff. Great experience
- The entire nursing staff at Summit Surgery Center was very professional and that gave me confidence that the surgery would go well. Dr. Slade is a great doctor.
- No complaints at all. Surgery process exceeded expectations.
- Very professional staff! Thank you Dr. Slade!
- Excellent staff!
- Great facility and wonderful staff.
- Well done. Looking forward to doing the other eye.
- Highly professional staff. Thank you Dr. Slade for being so professional at your work. Felt very comfortable and at ease.
Believe it or not, these patient surveys have also brought some interesting ideas and suggestions. For example, in this batch, we heard from a patient who submitted the idea for Karaoke in the Lobby. NOT a bad idea…stay tuned for any future lobby activity updates!
We are well aware that if every team member was not involved, from our front desk, to our surgery schedulers, to our surgeons and the surgery center staff, we would not ever receive powerful words like these.
Our goal is to always make a difference throughout a patient’s journey with us; from beginning to end and these words keep us working hard at this goal!
If you have any questions about our surgery process or what procedures we provide at Slade & Baker Vision, please call our office at 713-626-5544.