Bennett Walton, MD
- Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Surgery
- LASIK, PRK, SMILE
- Refractive Lensectomy
- Phakic Intraocular Lens (Visian ICL)
- Presbyopia Correcting Surgery
- General Ophthalmology
- Therapeutic Laser Procedures
- Corneal Cross-Linking
- Corneal Surgery & Transplant
Eye Doctor Houston
Bennett Walton, MD, MBA, is a fellowship-trained, Board Certified ophthalmologist available for refractive surgery, cataract, and glaucoma consultations. His professional interests include laser cataract surgery, LASIK, PRK, refractive lensectomy, phakic intraocular lens (ICL), and presbyopia-correcting surgery. He joined Slade & Baker Vision in 2015 and is experienced in both laser surgery and manual microsurgery, having performed thousands of eye surgeries and procedures.
In October of 2022, Dr. Walton was included by Ophthalmology Management in the 40 under 40 List, which included 40 ophthalmologists under 40 years old who have achieved excellence in their field through research, innovation, leadership, teaching, entrepreneurship, academics, global health and more. Dr. Walton sits on the Editorial Advisory Boards for the publications Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today & Millennial Eye and is a founding member of the Oracle Vision Council, which is dedicated to future visual technology discoveries.
Dr. Walton has been honored for three years in a row as both one of “Houston’s Top Doctors”, and by his peers multiple times to the Super Doctors Rising Stars list, an honor shared by fewer than 2.5 percent of Texas doctors. He has also been named One to Watch as a Rising Star in Ophthalmology by eye surgery publication Millennial Eye. Click this link to read the full article. He is a surgeon for emerging visual technologies in clinical trials and enjoys teaching advanced cataract surgery techniques to residents as a frequent faculty member for graduate medical education events, having instructed over 335 surgeons from the United States and Canada.
He attended Vanderbilt University as an Honors Scholar and graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. Dr. Walton received a Master of Business Administration from Rice University and a Doctor of Medicine from Baylor College of Medicine, with an emphasis on improving healthcare outcomes.
At Rice, he received distinction as a Jones Scholar, the highest academic award given from the business school. He completed an internship at Houston Methodist Hospital and a residency at the Cullen Eye Institute at Baylor College of Medicine. During his years at the Cullen Eye Institute, Dr. Walton received Everett L. Goar Research Awards in back-to-back years for his work in leveraging telemedicine to improve ophthalmic care delivery. Following residency, he completed an additional fellowship in cornea, refractive and anterior segment surgery.
Dr. Walton is dedicated to patient safety and process improvement and won the First Place award at the 2015 Quality Improvement Conference hosted for the Houston medical community by Baylor College of Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the International Society of Refractive Surgery, and he has presented research at both regional and national conferences.
He enjoys sports and music with his wife and children.
In the video below, Dr. Walton discusses the differences between modern cataract surgery at Slade & Baker and traditional cataract surgery.
Dr. Bennett Walton, MD Reviews
- I had my cataract surgeries done at Slade & Baker in March and in June 2020. Needless to say that both surgeries were very successful. The staff, in spite of the coronavirus pandemic, were courteous and helpful. The office environment was comfortable and I was very pleased with the overall preparations and handling of patients as they arrived at the office for appointments. Dr. Walton, the surgeon who performed my surgeries, is exceptionally qualified. A great surgeon with a compassionate heart. I was very impressed with the fact that he called me at home after the surgery to check on me and inquire about my adjustment to the surgery… I highly recommend Slade & Baker to all who are looking for eye care and surgery. – F.J.
- I was recommended by patients of Dr. Walton and I am so happy with the results. Two days after the second surgery, I can see clearly! Dr. Walton is an excellent surgeon and a very nice person. He willingly took the time to explain the surgeries and answered all the questions I had. His staff was also very helpful and friendly at both the office and surgery center. I highly recommend Dr. Walton to anyone who needs eye surgery. – E.H.